Okay, so our second project this year was more or less review from last year so I wasn't so stressed with it as I was the fish. But I didn't have a lot of free time this last week because of family stuff to work on it. I wanted to love the lines, but ran out of time, so what you see is the finish.
I started it the with a completely grey background, and working on the light and seeing how it would work in the real world without complicating it. I then put some shading in it, and then darkened it to give it a softer light look, as not to make it an over-bearing light, plus it gave it more emotion in the making, so I got two birds with one stone in that hit.
Other than that it was a pretty standard pen busting digital project.