Monday, December 19, 2011

Steve Ustinksky Sculpted Model


This was my first Maquette I ever made, so I won't grill myself too hard for him not being perfect. But all and all I'm pretty pleased with him, and I'm glad I had the chance to traditionally paint him like the classic days in Animation, even though that took far far too long, and other projects got pushed back because of it, but all in all I can't complain too much.

The picture below is the pose I chose from my model pack to bring to life.


I started with a wood block and wire, then bulked up some skulpy on it,



Then I started fixing the features, and adding in details.


I then re-did the entire head and got rid of the wire inside to make it proportioned to him and then there was no more wire sticking out.


I then kept fixing and adding features.


Then it was time to gloss him up, and get rid of little pieces sticking off of him,


Then it was time to paint him up, about ten hours to do this right.


Here he is with his kissy lips.

\

Then I painted the stage, and ta da I was done-zies 

No comments:

Post a Comment