Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Checkered Cab Design

So for this assignment I had to create a vehicle. As per usual I started with the line art, I had to make sure to get the perspective right, much kudos to my teacher Omar Dogan, who helped me with the fisheye angle.

Then I threw in some flats and a rough tonal and idea of lighting to keep me on my feet and to make sure I don't deviate from that for the shine and harsher shadows later on.


So then I started looking at the individual pieces and cleaning up the bumper, and head lights and grill, and then it was only a matter of cleaning up the tires, mirrors, inside the car, the lighting, door knobs, antenna, spokes and hubcaps...you know, easy fixes, only about 10 hours of work for that stuff.

Then of course you have to end every painting with a little orange and blue gradients for some eye candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment